We are delighted to announce our next Breakfast Tax Briefing on Tuesday 10 December! This Breakfast Briefing is designed to provide practitioners with an update on the key tax developments in the last three months and practical tips for you and your clients.
In addition, we are delighted that Michael Sherry from Temple Tax Chambers will be joining us to speak on the GAAR and its impact on advisers’ working practices.
The programme for the morning is as follows:
- 8.00 Registration and breakfast
- 8.30 Chairman’s introduction
- 8.40 Michael Sherry: The GAAR and its impact on advisers’ and their working practices
- 9.10 Paul Howard: Planning in the light of recent PPR cases; and Duality of purpose – how to defend an HMRC challenge
- 9.30 Priya Dutta: Finally a residence victory! – Practical tips for advising non-residents
- 9.45 Vaughn Chown: Recent cases – Reduce VAT and increase profits
- 10.00 Q & A
A meeting will be held at the Arundel House at 13-15 Arundel Street, Temple Place, London WC2R 3DX. Arundel House is situated in the heart of London, overlooking the Thames. It was built in the nineteenth century by the Duke of Norfolk and the venue has recently been refurbished. The views from our room are outstanding, capturing images of Tower Bridge in the east and London Eye, Big Ben and Parliament in the west. With state of the art AV equipment, professional team and delicious food, Arundel House is going to be a fantastic setting for our Breakfast Tax Briefings and we look forward to seeing you on 10 December!
To book a place please phone Egle Rimkiene on 0207 182 4754 or email her.
The Breakfast Tax Briefing is free and is an opportunity for accountants and other professionals to keep up to date with the latest tax and VAT news and planning ideas. It also gives you the opportunity to meet, and raise your tax issues with, other members of the Gabelle team in an informal and friendly environment.
We look forward to seeing you on the 10 December!