Over recent years the UK Government has increasingly been shifting the obligation to comply with UK tax rules from UK resident individuals to offshore structures. As a result Guernsey based trustees, directors, accountants and solicitors need to be up-to-date with UK tax rules.
To help you do this we are delighted to announce that from October 2014 we will be bringing our Quarterly Tax Review (QTR) training sessions to Guernsey.
We offer a free taster session to all new QTR attendees and as this is the first ever session in Guernsey, attendance at this first session will be free for all.
What is QTR?
QTR is a 90 minute monthly training course, held in London and now St Peter’s Port. Led by Priya Dutta the aim is to provide an easily digestible summary of recent tax developments over the quarter. Attendees will also be provided with detailed notes which record the most significant tax developments over a wide range of subjects.
The session on 30 October will cover the following:
- HMRC U-turn on taxable remittances and loans – what does this mean for existing structures?
- Recently announced new exemption to the proposed CGT charge on non-residents
- Second taxpayer victory for Glasgow Rangers – do EBTs still work?
- HMRC to close EBT settlement opportunity
- Assignment of “image rights” – HMRC publishes their views on CGT treatment
- Possible withdrawal of personal allowance for non-residents
- The final rules for ‘accelerated payments’ and ‘high risk promoter’
- Changes to calculating inheritance tax trust charges
- Is the ATED tax deductible?
- New OECD Model Tax Agreement – entertainers and sportspersons
Schedule for quarterly sessions in 2015:
22 January 2015
23 April 2015
23 July 2015
22 October 2015
Why sign up to QTR?
- Our tax reviews (formerly run by Matthew Hutton) have been running for 20 years, with over 80 solicitors, accountants and other service providers attending.
- Concise 90 minutes sessions that tell you everything you need to know.
- Comprehensive reference notes.
- Opportunity to raise and discuss matters of common interest.
- Attendance qualifies for 1.5 CPD hours.
Sign up today! To sign up for QTR email Egle Rimkiene or call her on 0207 182 4758.
Venue: Old Government House Hotel & Spa, St Ann’s Place, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 2NU
Date: Thursday 30 October 2014
Time: 09.00 – 10.30
Cost: The cost of attending a QTR session is £90 per person.
* QTR is billed six months in advance on a rolling basis.