UK TAX CHANGES – WHAT TRUSTEES NEED TO KNOW
The UK Government is introducing a number of key tax changes that will impact Jersey resident trustees and companies.
Join us at The Pomme d’Or Hotel where our tax experts will bring you up-to-date with the new rules and explain the options available in relation to those structures affected by the new changes.
As well as hosting in Jersey, equivalent seminars will also be held in London and a number of offshore centres in Spring 2014.
Speakers from Gabelle Tax:
Paul Bramall, Priya Dutta, Caroline Fleet and John Hood
The seminar will cover the following areas:
- The impact of the new CGT charges for trustees and their beneficiaries
- The GAAR in practice – how are trustees caught
- Corporate Property development structuring
- Corporate residence: top tips to avoid management and control from the UK
- Update on the ATED charge and problems with paying the charge and de-enveloping
- The IHT treatment of loans to beneficiaries
- Update on the statutory residence test – what you need to know before making distributions
- The latest Jersey IGA, FATCA and other international cooperation initiatives – what should you be doing?
- The new register of beneficial ownership
- General round up of the latest UK tax changes including Budget 2014 announcements
Venue: Pomme d’Or Hotel, Liberation Square, St Helier, Jersey, JE1 3UF
Date: Wednesday 9th April 2014
Time: 15.00 – 17.30