We are delighted to confirm the details for the fifth of our Breakfast Tax Briefings in association with Tolley. The Breakfast Tax Briefing is free and is an opportunity for accountants and other professionals to keep up to date with the latest tax and VAT news and planning ideas.
The next Breakfast Tax Briefing will focus on offshore tax planning and will be designed to give practitioners practical advice on what they should be doing in light of a number of recent tax changes – most notably, changes made to the taxation of UK property held by offshore structures.
We will explain the new changes and provide advice on how best to change (or dismantle) structures affected by the new rules.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday 4 September. The programme is as follows:
- 8.00 Registration and breakfast
- 8.30 Chairman’s introduction
- 8.40 Ian Maston, Gabelle: Changes to the taxation of UK property held by ’non-natural persons’ – SDLT, CGT and the new annual charge.
- 9.10 Paul Bramall, Gabelle: What to do with existing structures.
- 9.30 Priya Dutta, Gabelle: Other current international tax issues – including investing in the UK and changes to the ‘transfer of assets abroad’ rules.
- 9.50 Q & A
The Breakfast Tax Briefing will also give you the opportunity to meet, and raise your tax issues with, other members of the Gabelle team in an informal and friendly environment.
All meetings are held at the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) at 66 Portland Place, London W1B 1AD.
To book a place please phone Egle Rimkiene on 0207 182 4754 or email her here.
We look forward to seeing you on 4 September!
The next and final meeting of 2012 will be on the 6th November.
No related posts.