Entrepreneurs and Corporates
The taxes affecting entrepreneurs and corporates are wide ranging and no two businesses are the same. Our consultants have backgrounds cutting across a range of disciplines and a wealth of experience in advising businesses and their owners both on ongoing tax issues and one off planning.
Our services include:
- Innovative and practical tax advice and solutions on a wide range of business issues;
- Clear and comprehensive transaction steps plans which can be used by the business, lawyers and other professional advisers to implement a transaction;
- Obtaining statutory and non-statutory clearances from HMRC giving certainty of tax treatment;
- Preparing company and share valuations for a wide range of tax purposes and agreeing these with HMRC; and
- Advising on the impact of the GAAR on transactions.
Examples of what we can advise on includes:
- Research and development enhanced corporation tax relief including how to maximise an R&D claim and avoid the common pitfalls;
- The patent box;
- EIS and SEIS share issues;
- Film tax credits; and
- Group structures.
- Tax issues affecting corporate partners;
- Loss restrictions;
- The use of family partnerships; and
- How to steer clear of specific anti-avoidance legislation.
Company reconstructions and reorganisations
- Demergers – statutory, liquidation and capital reduction;
- Management Buyouts (MBOs);
- Incorporation and disincorporation;
- Transfer of share ownership including the repurchase of shares by a company;
- Obtaining and maximising entrepreneurs’ relief and the substantial shareholding exemption; and
- Minimising stamp tax.
Employee share schemes
- Designing and implementing EMI schemes; and
- Advising on tax issues on the award of shares to employees, including the use of partly paid and growth shares.
Employee expenses and benefits
- Cost reduction initiatives using salary sacrifice arrangements;
- Designing and drafting tax efficient expenses and benefits policies; and
- PSA and P11D dispensations.
- The benefits and tax consequences of holding property personally or through a company;
- Minimising the tax on transfers of property and SDLT;
- Factors affecting entrepreneurs’ relief; and
- Property trading versus investment status.
For more information on our Entrepreneurs and Corporates services, please phone our TaxDesk on 0845 4900 509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.