Introduced in the UK as a “simple tax”, VAT has become one of the most complicated of taxes, based on European and UK legislation and on case law for interpretation.
We have the expertise to help you through the VAT maze and deliver straightforward, practical solutions, encompassing a broad range of national and international VAT experience.
Regardless of how complex the VAT issue, our practical, clear advice will help you manage your VAT position.
Examples of what we advise on include:
Registration and deregistration
- When to register voluntarily
- Pre-registration input VAT recovery
- Group registrations.
- Minimising output tax and maximising input tax
- VAT liabilities of goods and services supplied
- VAT return reviews and due diligence.
- Business reviews to identify opportunities or risks
- VAT process reviews
- VAT assessment reviews
- Partial exemption reviews
- VAT cash-flow reviews and planning.
Dealings with HMRC
- Assistance with VAT inspections
- VAT Tribunal appeals and VAT disputes
- Negotiations with HMRC.
VAT treatment of specific transactions
- VAT advice on corporate transactions
- Transfers of a going-concern.
Use of special VAT schemes
- Capital goods scheme reviews
- Cash accounting
- Flat rate schemes for small businesses
- Margin schemes and global accounting
- Tour-operators margin schemes.
- Place of supply of international services
- VAT aspects of imports and exports
- Intra-community supplies
- 8th and 13th Directive VAT reclaims.
- Review structures to reduce irrecoverable VAT costs
- Review new offerings and particular services e.g. crowd funding or peer-to-peer lending
- Review partial exemption methods to increase recovery of VAT on expenditure
- Advice in respect of outsourcing and minimising VAT cost
- Review current arrangements to examine compliance with current understanding and VAT regulations.
- Residential conversions and alterations
- DIY house-builders
- Construction and new builds
- Empty property renovations
- Transfers of property
- The option to tax.
For more information on our VAT services, please phone our TaxDesk on 0845 4900 509 or email email@example.com.