John specialises in representing owner managed businesses facing an investigation under either Code of Practice 8 or 9 involving Specialist Investigations of HM Revenue & Customs. In the 20 years John has been involved in tax investigations he has developed a deep understanding of the legislation and the criteria applied by HMRC in recovering unpaid taxes.
John is also very familiar with the terms and conditions of the tax facilities offered by HMRC to allow people to bring their tax affairs up to date and can provide practical advice and guidance on all aspects of making the disclosure.
His skills include:
- managing investigations;
- making voluntary disclosures to HMRC;
- HMRC’s information and inspection powers;
- discovery assessments;
- appealing against HMRC decisions;
- interest and penalties on tax paid late; and
- dispute resolution and litigation.
To contact John please call him on 020 7182 4747 or email: email@example.com